Friday, October 27, 2006

Eventful couple of weeks

So where to start! Nan's cousins came over from Oz on the 17th Sept and it was soooo lovely to meet them for the first time. I took them all to Windsor one Saturday and we had such a lovely, lovely day, looking around the castle and in all the little souvenier shops. I really enjoyed my day spent with them.

Nan's birthday also fell while they were here so we had a family meal out which was lovely. I think nan really enjoyed herself especially the suprise balloons and cake that we had made for her! This leads me to the eventful bit..... Amelia and Barbara were going back toOz on the 7th so they asked me to go for dinner with them on the Friday, lovely I thought! So we had dinner and we're sitting there having a chat and mum turns up for a drink and I have a really bad pain in my tummy but I don't say anything I just get on with it! I went home and the pain was getting worse and I go to bed in pain. Get up again at 1am and lay on the sofa the rest of the night under a blanket drifing in and out of sleep. I had to go to the dentist on Saturday morning to have some fillings done and a clean and because I am such a wuss I get sedated. I still felt pants but when and had it done and then feel asleep for a bit when I got home. I woke up as Ash was going to footie and told him I was still in pain etc and he said I should call the Dr, but I just thought it was trapped wind so told him not to be so stupid! Anyway and hour later I am in agony so call NHS direct who tell me to go to the emergecny Dr at the hospital! Go there and the Dr thinks I have gallstones, gives me untold pills to take and told me to call my Dr on Monday to arrange and ultrasound and I am under strict instructions to came back to A&E if the pain returns. Go home and feel fine all night etc. wake up Sunday on top of the world. By Sunday lunchtime I am in even worse pain so off to A&E...... I was admitted, had an ultrasounds, gallstones confirmed plus one in my bile duct and get discharded on Thursday!!!!

I now have to go back to hospital on 7th November to have my gallbladder removed and the stone removed from my bile duct!

And.... to add insult to injury... we've still not moved and still don't have a moving date.... Oh deep joy!

2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Claire said...

oooo Bile Duct it just dont sound right let alone a part in your body!!

Hasten to add bloody painful

Counting the dayz hun till its all gone including the pain
Cxx

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi again, I had gallstones some years ago, the GP gave me morphine and the stone that was caught in my bile duct passed through so I was lucky enough not to need surgery, but the pain was awful, the GP told me the pain is considered worse than childbirth, I cant compare as I had a c-section! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home