Thursday, May 10, 2007

Arrangements

So Gramps funeral will take place next Wednesday at 11am. I am sure it is really going to hit me then. It all still feels a little surreal and I keep thinking that he'll still be sat in his armchair watching the TV when I go to their house for a visit, its just so weird.

Dunno what it was, but we always had such a special bond me and Gramps! Even Nan says that! The things we used to talk about! Even my Nan has never gotten over him having a lengthy discussion with me a few years back now about periods LOL! He never spoke to my mum about things like that! All those happy memories keep flooding back and making me laugh out loud, smile or cry! I loved him so very much and he has left a very big gap in my life. I just hope that he is happy where he is now and is looking down on me and guiding me. Take care my special angel x

I ordered the flowers for him on Tuesday evening and decieded on a wreath which is made of white flowers with a purple ribbon around the edge and a spray of purple and white flowers on the top, the lovely lady in the florist also said that she is going to put GRAMPS in silver letters accross it too. I know I will cry when I have to pick them up next Wednesday morning. I really wanted to have a heart done, but it was too expensive and I could hear him in my head saying "don't you dare bloody well pay that for flowers, you know what I think of them and I know the money is best spent somewhere else!" Gramps never was a fan of taking flowers to funerals as he said they cost so much yet die in a week and no one actually gets to enjoy them! Must have been the Jewish blood in him! But I can see where he's coming from!

I am going to get some old photos of him in his youth and early 20s from my nan so that I can make a memory album of him, I don't really think that I am going to be able to do this immediately but in time I know I'll get strong enough to do it. I really want to do this for Daisy as she'll never grow up to know her great Gramps, but at least I can share some memories with her.

I just want to say a HUGE thank you too all those people out there who have supported me over the last few days, be it with emails, comments, PM's etc. You know who you are. But a big think you to one person in particular, Claire, I am so glad I have you as a friend xx

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Ok darlin not much brings a tear to my eye but you have suceeded - love ya hun you mean to world to me too and im glad I have a friend like you too - I think the album is a lovely idea for both you and Daisy and yes you probably wont do it straight away! its taken me a while to look a pictures of my dad, but feel that it could be time for me to start myself. Take your time sweetie, grieve, smile, Laugh and cry as much as you need to there isnt a limit x
Love ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home