Sunday, May 06, 2007

So, so sad

Last night at 20:45 my dear Gramps passed away. He was 72, 6 weeks short of his 73rd birthday.

Today I feel empty. I feel like someone took out my heart,, stamped all over it and put it back. I can't stop crying and had very little sleep, I feel sick.

I know he is in a much happier place and he's no longer suffering and that is a good thing, but I just can't imagine never seeing his face light up when I came into the room, or hearing him call me flower ever again and have no one to stick up for me at family gatherings! I want him back. I want 5 more minutes just to let him know how much I loved him. I know he knew that but...

I keep remembering all the good times, all the happy memories and they make me smile just a little today. I remember our first holiday together in Malta, I have never enjoyed myself more. It was just me Gramps and Nan and I know they were worried that I wouldn't have a good time because thery were that much older, but I had the best time! The day we were driving to the beach and a lorry over took us and splashed muddy water through the window of the hire car all over nan! She was soooo angry but Gramps and I were in the front absolutely pissing ourselves laughing! He taught me how to dive properly that holiday too! And we dressed up one night in stupid clothes and glasses and had our picture taken and that picture sits on the side at my nan and Gramps house. I also remember the day he found out I was pregnant with Daisy, he wasn't feeling well that day and rang me in tears as he was so proud! He also loved her to pieces!

Anyway, Gramps, I miss you so much, I love you. Goodnight and Rest in peace Michael Roy Allen xxxx

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Claire said...

ahh sweetie, what can i say apart from i am sorry that you have this pain, I know truly how hard it is, I know how much you loved him and I have no doubt that he knows that you loved him with all your heart and soul, the world is a cruel cruel place and im confident that he will be watching down on you all - I wish all of you my deepest sympathy at this time of sadness xx
Clairexxx

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost my Nan 8 weeks ago, so i know what you're going through. The memories you shared are what will keep you going over the next few weeks, it sounds like you had a very special relationship with him, and no one can take that away from you, those memories are yours to keep. I know this won't make you feel any better, but know that my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Hugs xXx

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Leo said...

We're all thinking of you Sarah.
I know it's difficult to think now but it will become easier for you. Keep the memories happy and remember he'll be with you forever in your heart, nothing can take that away from you.

xx Leo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home